1956 Gibson ES-175N
Simply exquisite mid-50s blonde Gibson ES-175N.
It’s the lightest most resonant and sensual guitar you are likely to ever encounter. Wonderful P-90 tone and incredible playability.
A very desirable guitar both for the collector and the player.
There’s a lot of love here, great guitar, great back story – just about as good as it gets.
1956 Gibson ES-175N Description
This is a simply stunning mid-50s Gibson ES-175 guitar which will appeal to a lot of different players, regardless of style. Whilst many guitarists associate the ES-175 with jazz music, this model has found favour with many other musicians outside of the jazz field, due to its very colourful, resonant tone and great playability. Additionally, natural finish ES-175s are highly sought after in the vintage market and this is a very fine example indeed.
Sporting a single black P-90 pickup in the neck position and equipped with a very easy to play neck and fast fingerboard, this guitar is one of just 146 natural ES-175s shipped in 1956 by the Gibson company, making it especially desirable.
This incredible Gibson guitar is in very good condition throughout, with only some minor wear/marks and with the possible exception of the tone and volume knobs, is all original (including the internal wiring) It also comes with the original Gibson case.
The guitar is a complete dream to play and the tone from the single P-90 is exquisite, with rich overtones and a wonderful warmth in all registers. Chord work is clear and detailed and single-line playing is very articulate. Even acoustically, this guitar is really breathtaking and you can readily hear and see the quality of craftsmanship that went into this guitar. Gibson at their very best.
1956 Gibson ES-175N Features
- 3 1/2″ deep three-ply laminated maple body with two F-holes
- Weight approx 6lbs
- Mahogany neck with 20 fret Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Original narrow gauge Gibson frets
- Split parallelogram position inlays on fingerboard
- Gibson logo with pearl and crown inlay on headstock
- Black pickguard
- Kluson Deluxe tuners with single ring tulip buttons
- Brazilian rosewood compensated bridge
- Trapeze tailpiece with raised parallelograms
- Single black P-90 pickup in neck position
- Gold tone and volume controls (possibly non-original)
- Original Gibson case
- Documentation papers included