1959 Gibson ES-175N with Bigsby
This is going to make some guitar player very happy indeed. We are forever getting requests for 50s player-grade 175s, and especially blonde 175s.
This blonde beauty has a Bigsby fitted and two great-sounding humbuckers.
The pickups may not be the ones it started life with, but they do really rock!
A wonderful playing and sounding Gibson classic.
1959 Gibson ES-175N with Bigsby Description
This is a stunning vintage Gibson guitar that will appeal to all players who like great tone and playability. This natural finish Gibson ES-175N dates from 1959 and has the bonus of a fitted Bigsby tailpiece. The guitar is wonderful ‘player grade’ instrument that has had some upgrades and replacements over the years, but all to the betterment of the guitar.
The guitar would have originally had PAF pickups fitted, but like so many guitars of this era, they have been taken out and undoubtedly been added to another guitar. The good news is that the replacement pickups are just great and compliment the guitar perfectly.
One particularly noteworthy feature of this guitar is the incredible neck. It feels very easy under the fingers and has minimal fret wear. Everything from jazz chord solos to articulate single-line playing is just a breeze on this guitar.
Despite being associated most often with jazz guitarists, the ES-175 is actually a pretty versatile instrument and you can get everything from crisp funk tones through to the expected classic jazz sounds.
In summary, this a great playing Gibson classic in the very sought after natural finish, and with a tone and playability that is second to none. Very impressive indeed.
1959 Gibson ES-175N with Bigsby Features
- Natural finish maple body with twin f-holes and single cutaway
- Weight: 3.1kgs
- Nut width: 43mm/1.69inches
- Mahogany one piece neck with rosewood 20 fret fingerboard
- Double parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Mother of Pearl Gibson logo and crown on headstock
- Black pickguard (likely 60’s replacement)
- Kluson Single Ring tuners (replacement)
- Bigsby tailpiece and adjustable bridge
- 2 x volume and tone controls with replacement gold knobs
- 3 way pickup selector switch
- Non-original hard case