The tuners and tailpiece of this 50 year old guitar have been replaced, and maybe that’s not a bad thing if you want to play it! There’s light checking, but it’s even oer the body, so it just adds tons of character (you can see it in the pics where the light is reflected). Speaking of reflections, it’s all reflected in the price, a very low £1050 – that’s not a lot of money for such a vintage guitar.
The neck on this guitar is typical of the fifties – chunky and round in profile. We’ve strung it with flatwound strings – what else!
- Arched maple top with f-holes, maple back
- Bound body
- Mahogany sides and neck
- Tortoise pickguard
- Neck joins at 14th fret, 20 fret fingerboard
- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays
- Adjustable compensated rosewood bridge
- Replaced chrome trapeze tailpiece
- Replaced 3 per side Kluson Deluxe ‘single line’ tuners
- Gold bonnet volume and tone knobs
- Single coil P-90 pickup
- Sunburst finish
- Alligator soft shell case (original)