81 Gibson LP Standard
Wine Red Les Paul Standard perfect Gibson LP colour
Loud, powerful, lyrical, expressive – everything an LP Standard should be. With a really fast and low fretboard, reminiscent of the so-called “fretless-wonder” that was the original Les Paul Custom. We’ve strung it with D’Addario 11 strings and set-up with a medium low action (could go even lower if you like).
The wine red finish is as classy as it gets, and looks incredibly distinguished when coupled with the cream bindings, pickguard and switch surround. Make no mistake about it – this is one good-looking Les Paul.
On picking it up, you notice the weight of it – 13” width of solid mahogany body with a maple top isn’t light, but that’s what delivers the legendary tone and sustain.
Made in the old Kalamazoo plant, where all the great 50s Les Pauls were made, there is a patch of player wear on back at the upper edge. It is also missing a small piece from the neck-side corner of the pickguard, a common fracture point in Les Pauls.
Eighties Gibson Les Paul features
- Single cutaway 13” wide mahogany body with maple top
- Single piece 24 ¾” scale mahogany neck
- 1 11/16 “ width at nut
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl trapezoid fret markers
- Low frets
- Tune-o-matic bridge
- Chrome stop tail
- Gibson ‘flower’ tuners with plastic buttons
- 2 humbucker pickups
- Gold ‘speed’ knobs – 2 volume and 2 tone
- Cream bindings, pickup selector switchplate and pickguard
- Modern hard case