Gibson Johnny Smith
1964 Johnny Smith with 2 p/ups
A wonderful playing and beautifully crafted jazz guitar for the truly discerning player.
Hand-carved spruce top, gold plated hardware and 20-fret ebony fingerboard.
Pickups are the small ‘original’ humbuckers fitted with Alnico V's which give more power and cleaner tones.
Gibson Johnny Smith Description
To play it is to invoke the magical sound of the Smith legend. Warm inner tones and bright lines are the trademarks of this guitar. Don’t be afraid to play with some definition either – that spruce top loves to respond to a firm stroke!Please note the jack is mini-sized not 1/4” as it plugs into the pickguard assembly, and a converter or lead from ¼” female to mini jack is needed.
Gibson Johnny Smith Features
- Carved solid spruce top and maple back with single Venetian cutaway, bound f holes and multi-ply bindings to body and neck
- Length 20-1/2” – Width 17” – Depth 3-1/8”
- 25-1/4” Scale length
- Ebony 20 fret board with alternating JS fret markers
- Adjustable ebony bridge with floral inlays
- Architectural tailpiece with Johnny Smith ebony insert
- Split parallelogram logo inlay on headstock
- Kluson Deluxe machine heads with metal buttons
- Two floating Gibson ‘Original’ humbucking pickups with Alnico V magnets
- Two tone and volume controls and rotary pickup selector
- All controls mounted on pickguard
- Gold-plated hardware
- Hard shell case